Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

     Wow!  How God makes life interesting.  The obstacles he throws in your path...or, at least, they at first appear to be obstacles.  In the long run, if we peer deeply into past events, we can see how this or that made us stronger and, actually, became a blessing.  Oh my!  What he is throwing at me and probably you at this very moment.  This is the moment we need to put it in our Father's hands. He wants us to rely on him not man made idols.  It is not easy at first, but, with faith, you can begin.  He wants us to relax and enjoy this life he has given to us.  He designed and created this life, and his will shall be done.  He always walks beside us and before us.
     I sat under the stars tonight.  The world around me slept.  It was just myself and our Father.  How beautiful is his creation.  How beautiful is He.  We talked.  He had stilled the winds and made the stars extra bright while he listened to my "what have you put on me this time" speech.  I felt him smile and place his arms around me as we talked.  I know he is in control and would never let evil overcome me.  You and I are special.  We have been called to be Christians to carry out our Lord's work.  Whatever we may do, He will be with us and guide us to his glorious work.  In being servants to him, who is master of all, we become as kings and queens. In deserts we bloom, the snows melt around us, we fill dry riverbeds with life giving water, we bring comfort to those filled only with worry all by serving our Lord. Be still and quiet.  Ask and listen for his guidance.  If you have faith, he will never refuse you.  It may not come in the exact form you envisioned, but it shall come.  God is a river unto his children. 

And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail
Isaiah 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment