Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Life's Storms

     Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat.  But Jesus was sleeping.  The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us!  We're going to drown!"

     He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?"  Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
(Matthew 8:24-26)


     A storm is building over my life.  The mission my Father has assigned to me is creating a storm in my life.  
     As success in the mission builds, balancing a regular job and this mission is becoming difficult at best.  I love the mission - loathe the regular job.  I need the money from the job, but love the mission so dearly.  I fight a great battle on the inside. It is not quite time to quit the regular job, but my only interest lies upon the mission.  I am fearful of the storm.
     You and I must have faith during the storms of life; faith that our Lord is with us and in control.  When he asks us to live for him, we must have faith that he will make our journey, our mission, a success, a safe journey.  Our Lord controls all things, all people, at all times. He asks us to have faith in his control. 
     We must take a moment and calm ourselves through our faith.  After all, this is a journey of faith.  This faith sets us apart from non Christians.  Pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment