Translate

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Self-importance and Self-pity

Sometimes, life gets too hectic and busy. It is at those times that I say to myself and God, I'm not a king or a president or whatever. I need to find some space in my life, slow down, and enjoy what you, God, have blessed me with; family, love, and most of all, you, my Father. I have no reason to frown when there are so many people in this world living in extreme poverty or their lives are endangered by people such as Boka Horam or Isis. I am so blessed my dear God. Thank you and please forgive me for the frowns, complaints, and worry that I have no right to exhibit.  Please, give me the means, strength, and compassion to help those fighting and struggling on the edge of life's bounties.

It is so very easy to lapse into self-pity. As a Christian, we have no right to self-pity anytime we have more than those in need around us. For everything we have is a gift from God, and therefore, he can give it as pleases him for his glory. Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment