Translate

Friday, October 23, 2015

IF AND THE WAY



     If I had the means and the time to travel all the world, I would take the time to visit with and get to know all I encountered in all the countries around this drop-dead beautiful planet that God created just for us. I would travel through all the Middle East visiting the magnificent historical sites resplendent in their history-laced charm. Of course I wouldn't leave out that mystical land of India in my all-encompassing expedition. Nor would I leave out the vast plains and chilling tundra lands of Russia. Oh, Tibet and China are a must see. Let's not leave out Europe, South America, Greenland, and Africa. Onward to the Outback of Australia and the jungled islands to the north of those Aussies. Antarctica, yes. I would see it all and as many of the world's peoples as God allowed.

     Sadly, in this restless and factionalized world, where brother fights brother and kills over politics, religion, race, etc, it is nigh on impossible to travel through many areas. But if I could find the way and the means, I would get to know and love all the people in this world - just like God, himself. I feel there is good in all people that has been covered over by a lifetime of taught-hate and taught-suspicion. It is no mystery why Christianity when practiced in its true form is the one hope to be the savior of this world with Jesus Christ as our loving ruler.

     On the joyful side, if we give our hearts and love through faith in Jesus Christ, then we are a great beginning for the hope of God for the world's salvation. Let it begin with us through love, forgiveness, example, faith, compassion, empathy, service, and all the many other good commands brought to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let us show the world that this life doesn't have to be the end but a loving and glorious beginning through faith. Many say, impossible, but ours is to know that all things are possible through God.

Remember that Jesus told us the greatest commandments of all in Matthew 22:37-40: Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and will all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'. All the law and the prophets hang on these two commandments."

     So you see, my brothers and sisters in Christ, if we want to see God's world and visit with his children in order to know and love it and them, we must know that the only way is through the love of and our faith in Jesus Christ and all that he tells us and by his divine example. And Jesus said in John 14:6, ..."I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."



No comments:

Post a Comment