Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Anyone In There?



     As I, the world-renowned writer, sits down at his desk to an earth-shaking applause by thousands of my adoring fans, a cloud of dirt rises over the windswept plains.  Oops, back on course.  I lay the pen and paper on my desk and begin to think and compose my masterpiece.  I feel my head shake as this celebrated mind takes to the compository task like a super computer.  Hmmm...is compository a real word?  I'll look that up.

     Oh look, there is that ink eraser I thought was lost laying there on the floor by my foot.  Ewww, boy, my toe nails need trimming.  Wonder why girls paint their toe nails?
 
     Look out!  Here comes the opening line.  Bert was not the Bert of Sesame Street fame.  Bert was the debonair garbage man, attracting followers like his trash attracted flies.  That's really stupid.

     I need to check my emails.  Nothing has come in during the last five minutes.  Guess at three o'clock in the morning not many people are sending emails.  Surely, the President sends emails at weird times.  Frank Wilson sent me an email a while back at...no, that was during the day.

     This pen is out of ink.  Darn!  That's really funny.  I'm writing about the subject of Pen and Paper and my pen's out of ink.  I know there's a pen in this desk somewhere.  Look, there is that Elmers Glue I was looking all over for.  Ahhh, a pen that works.  I like this one.  It feels good between the fingers.

     Okay, let's go.  Pen and paper in hand, the writer, appalled by the thought of the meaninglessness of life...  Would a writer have both the pen and paper in his hands while he wrote?  Surely, not.

    Hello...anybody in there?  My mind is too cluttered.  Get on track, please.
           
     Let's see, the...pen is mightier than the sword.  How in the world do I bring in the paper?

     I know.  I need a cup of coffee.
 
     Boy, this sure is good coffee.  Wonder where she bought this?  I bet it is morning in Columbia, and they are picking those little coffee beans.  I wonder if Juan Valdez is a real person?

     On task!  The cannon balls were crashing into the walls of the already half-demolished house as the man took pen and paper to write a heartfelt goodbye to his dearest wife.  Knowing he had only moments to live, Alberto Ramirez put pen to paper writing...  Writing what? 

     Don't panic.  This happens every time.  Once you hit the mark, you're in, and the writing flows like warm butter.  Mmmm...hot pancakes with melted butter and syrup sounds so good right about now.

     The rooster will crow before I get this one started.  Poor Peter.  I know I would not have done any better had I been in his place.  He became such a courageous disciple after that.

     This CD is really good.  Our church choir and orchestra should go on tour.

     With a mere pen and paper, a person can turn the tide in favor of our Lord.  With a mere pen and paper, a person can shout out to the world what blessings our Lord has bestowed upon them, changing the lives of many people.  Those people may influence and shape the lives of hundreds...maybe thousands.  Get the Good News to one, and it creates a ripple effect on the sea of life.  I believe Jesus was the Word in human form.  He was the person dropped into the sea of life by God to create the first ripples.

     You start with an average carpenter's son.  Within a short period of ministry, the ripple has started.  It has expanded out over thousands of years.  The entire world knows the name of that carpenter's son, Jesus. 

     After the short sojourn of Jesus, the word being written and, eventually,  being formed into a book became the next greatest step in spreading the good news.  No other written word has ever been reproduced in such astounding numbers over the history of mankind.  No other spoken words have been quoted as often and reproduced in such astounding numbers as those spoke by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

     When God wills something, there are no locked doors before him.  The pen and paper are one of the mightiest instruments for spreading the Good News ever devised.  We must make good use of that power to glorify his name.  To our Father goes all the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment