Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What Not Why?





     I, personally, and many others so often ask, "Why?"  I am talking about Christians.  Misfortune is set upon them and they ask: why me, why this, why that, why, why, why.  It is a serious affliction in any person, but in a Christian...so wrong.

     As a Christian, we should be asking, "What?"  In other words, what is it that you need me to do for you Father?  Scripture assures us that we will face trials and tribulations in this imperfect world, especially as a Christian.  Yet we pray so often like we deserve a new car, a big fancy home, money, money, money.  Stop!

     What we need to pray for are stronger backs.  I do not know about you, but my Lord has spoiled me.  He gives all that I really need and much more.  Yet my service to him pales in comparison to what he has given me and how he served me on that cross.  We moan and complain about our plight.  By whom and by what manner were we invested with this right to complain and ask for more?  Who are we to complain to a God that gave his only son to die a miserable, tortured death on that cold cross while being ridiculed.  What material riches did Jesus acquire while on this earth?   What wealth and fine living did he surround himself with?  We should be ashamed for asking, "Why?"

     ”Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 5:10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment