Translate

Monday, May 11, 2015

THE MANY, THE FEW



Everywhere I turn
     I see people crying, dying, in misery, in agony
Every morning when I wake
     I hear news of tragedy, calamity, fallen humanity
Every time I walk down the street
     I see poverty, disparity, imparity
Throughout the day
     It's dependence, interdependence, interdependency on technology
I feel people
     Bleeding desperation, despondency, discouragement

I turn to Jesus
     Why don't you help these traumatized, these idol worshiping...?
Jesus turns to me
     Very well, send them to me
I send them
     A few go, a few scoff, a few love anguish, a few are tech deaf, a few are material blind
Jesus takes the few who come
     The few will strengthen, the few will overcome this world
Like a sore thumb
     The few will stick out before this world
Like an eagle
     The few will soar above all humanity

Everywhere I turn
     There still comes crying, dying, miserable people
Every Morning when I wake
     I hear the tragic news
Every time I walk  down the street
     I see poverty, disparity, imparity
Throughout the day
     It's...you know what, you see what, you hear what

Exceptions are the few
     Those few choosing life over death, love over hate, hope over despair
Food - those redeemed few
     Marinated in grace, cooked in love, devoured by the Holy Spirit of God
Among the Angels, those few
     Heeding the invitation to trade mankind's defects for God's holy clothing
Eternal life those few
     Who cry yet for the many








No comments:

Post a Comment