Translate

Monday, May 21, 2012

Power of Prayer, love, and forgiveness

     I have been in a battle with one of my neighbors.  They are new and have not been performing up to my standards of neatness and order.  It had come to the point that I felt totally exasperated.  Finally, on Sunday, after a confrontation with the man of the house, I told our Father I couldn't take this any longer.  I needed his guidance and wisdom.  I told Him I was not acting in a Christ-like manner and needed his strength to do the right thing.  Something very real came over me within minutes.  I walked next door where the neighbor was working in his yard.  As I walked toward him, I saw a look of deep concern as to what was about to take place.  As I came close to him, I extended my hand and said, if we are going to be neighbors, we are going to be friends and apologized for my actions.  A look of relief and astonishment came over his face.  He reciprocated the kindness and we buried the hatchet or hate.  What power the love and wisdom of our Lord Jesus Christ has to heal and soften hearts.  The Holy Spirit melted through my anger and hate.  I merely asked, and, within minutes, I felt such relief and peace.  It had the same effect on my wife when I told her.  What power our Father's love hath. Truly, I could not see the plank in my eye.

How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.   Matthew 7:3

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.   
Matthew 6:14

No comments:

Post a Comment