Translate

Friday, May 4, 2012

Humbled

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.   Hebrews 12:2
Many times...
I take credit for that which belongs to You
I feel strong due to myself
I leap for joy for me
I stand tall and proud when I should bow
I walk away when I should stand firm
I grovel when I should cement my feet 
Forgive me my Lord...
My good acts come from You
My strength comes from You
Give me humility in the face of vanity
Give me the wisdom, strength, courage to stand firm for You
Lord, make Your ways mine 
Let Your love shine through me
Let the weak stand on my shoulders
Let the poor in spirit find joy and life in the love You have given to me
Let me be a beacon in the darkness to You, my Lord
Help me stand firm against the waves that tower over 
For what am I if not for You
Let me carry the flag into the battle against darkness
Let it be about You and for You
As You spoke, if not for You, we are against You
Let Your will be done
And, above all, teach us humility
As You were Lord, we are here to serve others
In those acts, we will serve You and your will
And become humble


Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,   Peter 5:6


For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.   Matthew 23:12

No comments:

Post a Comment