Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Psalm 9:7-10 read with a smile

The Lord reigns forever;
    he has established his throne for judgment.
 He rules the world in righteousness
    and judges the peoples with equity.
 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
    a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

(Psalm 9:7-10 NIV)


     If anyone wonders why I have faith, surely, they do not know or understand this passage from Psalm 9 and why it makes me smile.  I am certain they do not know our Lord Jesus Christ.  I pray that someday they shall know him and smile when they read this passage.  I pray that they will come to know him for the love, healing, and guidance he will give when we are in great distress.  This is an imperfect world, and with that imperfection comes great distress many times.   

No comments:

Post a Comment