Translate

Friday, March 16, 2012

Let's let God guide us, not just today, but everyday

Today, I will let God guide my hand by opening the bible to the first verse I see.
You, my brothers, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love.  The entire law is summed up in a single command:  Love your neighbor as yourself.  If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.   Galatians 5:13-15
How can I add to that, except to say, we spend entirely too much time hating, and too little time loving our friends, much less our enemies, as Jesus commanded us to do.  Serve without grumbling (my wife is a firm believer in that one).  I would like to say one last thing.  If you are a Christian and are making mistakes, I think Jesus would agree with what my Dad told me so many times, "If someone is not making mistakes, they are not doing anything."  We are human.  We have and will make mistakes as we change into Christians, but do not let that turn you away.  He loves us unconditionally.  He knows we are fragile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment