Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hunger

Starting yesterday at the African Union (AU) summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Sudan’s crisis is being highlighted by calls from African states – including host Ethiopia – to end the bombing of civilians and open aid delivery. Sudanese and international groups also want the AU and the United Nations to investigate war crimes and genocide allegations.
The Sudanese situation reached a higher volume in a Jan. 18 Nairobi meeting of African civil society leaders, who warned in a statement that, “One of the world’s worst humanitarian and human rights disaster is unfolding there.”
“It is getting worse. Children are dying. There is no vaccination or medicine. The people are hungry. Their crops have been were bombed and burned,” says Anglican bishop Andudu Adam Elnail of South Kordofan, who adds that the various bush and leaf foliage that have been a source of food are “drying up.”
CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR


     This is one of the areas hurting so badly in this world.    The people most affected in the region are Christian, but I am certain the Muslim peoples in Northern Sudan are affected, also.  The Sudan separated into two countries July 9, 2011.  The south being Christian and the north being Muslim.  Oil on the border, of course, is the dispute.  I'm sure it's wealth will be misused as is usually the case.  
     We need to help those in need.  It matters not their faith for it is just another opportunity to add glory to our Father's name in giving as Christians.  Remember our simple motto:  Give, give, give...love, love, love...then give some more and love some more.  
     As I have said before, this world is too small for wars and there should be no person go hungry, especially, children.  We have the resources.  We need to take less to give more.  Love is the basic ingredient to feed the world.  Love begets concern begets giving begets love.  
     My wife and I know that all people have good inside them.  It may be hidden by years of abuse, but it is there for our Father created them, and anything he creates is good and he loves us all.  We must change our thinking to love and think most positive that, with our Lord God's guidance, wisdom, courage, and love, we can overcome any obstacles to bringing his kingdom way of life to the world's daily life.  Remember, he never said it would be easy, and told us he would always be right beside us and would give us strength and courage and the way, if we but ask.  Put a smile on your face to show the beauty within and let his holy spirit shine through you. 

  
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 
1 CORINTHIANS 13

No comments:

Post a Comment