Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lord's Prayer

     The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

Psalm 23:1-6


     As I begin my next voyage upon the dark ocean of the writing world, my Lord lights my way with his celestial navigational lights from the heavens above.  He arouses within me an overwhelming desire to sail into the, at times stormy, at times serene, ocean to adventure and heavenly bliss.  For he has shown me time and again that he is always here for me.  Piloting me to destinations of his choosing...not of mine.  He fills my sails with the power of his word.  filling my heart, my soul with his holy spirit, making the voyage always stimulating.  The storms I encounter are meager impediments on the voyage, also adding exhilaration.  My Lord always teaching, always right beside me, delighting in my delight...I in his.  My Lord, in addition to being my savior, is my friend, my brother.  
     That this thing which I do to glorify him gives me such pleasure makes me, at times, uncomfortable, but he assures me this is the reward for his glorification.  I always ask that I do justice to his name.  I fail often, but he merely smiles and reassures me.  That's my Lord Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment