Translate

Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Call of Jeremiah

The Call of Jeremiah
11/17/13
The word of the Lord came to me, saying,
 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
 “Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
 But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.
 Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.  See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”
(Jeremiah 1:4-10 NIV)

     How wondrous is our Father and his band of misfits. 
     People lean toward listening to, honoring, and obeying people bejeweled and garlanded with worldly signs of power.  Therefore, God’s chosen are subjected to mockery and ridicule. 
     Our Father consistently chooses the least among us transforming them into wondrous instruments for his divinely important tasks.  He builds them up with strength and courage, and gives them divine confidence by his holy commission.   They stand and persevere in those tasks, for no person can stand against God's will, God's commission, God's anointment.
     Yes, a group of worldly misfits are we who have faith in and serve our Father.  Even today, there are those in leadership positions within our churches who look with contempt and judge with worldly tenets people of low status.  The Pharisees are still with us in every church.  We must strive to see each creation of God as his potential divine instrument to carry out his will.  Seek the true heart within each living person, not the outward appearance.
     If you think you are insignificant in the eyes of God, think again.  Our Father's most loved son was born to people of seemingly little means.  Moses was born among the least of worldly means then made high and mighty, but, before God gave Moses his commission, he made him least again.  You see this pattern throughout the Bible...and life.
     The common thread here is faith in God.  When you have faith in him who is, was, and forever shall be, you will bless with his faith in you for the assigned task.  He will put his words in your mouth as he did Jeremiah. 
     Jesus teaches last is first in our Father's eyes and in his kingdom.  You who believe yourselves to be least must have faith.  Our Father has an important task for you, for how can any task from our Father, our God, be unimportant.  He will put the words in your mouth, the strength in your body, the courage to carry you through. 
     I am incompetent and sorely lacking to be writing about my most holy God, but he gives me such beautiful thoughts and words.  He gives me courage and lifts me up, enabling me to put myself out there for his glory.  He gives me faith as my spiritual gift.  Anything I ask for he gives.  I am least, but am first for I have the love of God as my treasure.  He assigns me tasks that make my legs tremble at times, but he is always right there with me putting his words in my mouth.  I do it for his glory, not mine. 
     You will know what he wants from you.  You must pray...you must have faith that he will give you all the tools you need to build yourself as his tool, his instrument of his will.  He loves you...unconditionally, but...have faith...the faith Jesus talked about in Matthew.



“Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
(Matthew 17:20 NIV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment