Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

How Different It Would Have Been



     Holy: Merriam Webster Dictionary, exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness.  Psalms 99:9 (NIV)

Exalt the Lord our God
     and worship at his holy mountain,
     for the Lord our God is holy.

     Divine: Merriam Webster Dictionary, of relating to, or proceeding directly from God or a god (there is only one God, delete the last three words from your vocabulary).  John 1:1 (NIV)

     In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (NIV)

     The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:24 (NIV)

     "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

John 8:58 (NIV)

     "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born I am!"

Exodus 3:14 (NIV)

     God said to Moses, I am who I am.  This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I am has sent me to you.'"

John 10:30 (NIV)  Jesus said,

     "I and the Father are one."

Colossians 2:9 (NIV)

     For in Christ all the fullness of Deity lives in bodily form,..."

     Merry and a holy Christmas in a world where we often fail to realize just how different it would have been without our God giving us the gift of his living among and serving us.

     During this most holy of seasons, let our minds and bodies be a loving and holy reflection of He who is was and forever shall be.

No comments:

Post a Comment